mercredi 14 juin 2017

Beating Fox's sideB with MultiMrGi


Fox' recovery is something one should learn to exploit to make the match up more even.
Dealing with upB is fairly straight forward (but still complex to execute) : you either jump offstage to hit him off his wind up, or you arrow him to death.
Meanwhile, sideB is much more complex to deal with as it is quicker and doesn't wind up. But don't worry, MultiMrGi is here to help you.


MultiMrGi : Did you just call me ?

Me : Well, I was about to...  But glad you are already here. We have an article to work on. You advocate that hitting Fox out of sideB is fairly easy. We have an example on your clip video right here. But can you dissect it so we can also reproduce it ?

Multi : Sure.
On the clip, I just knocked Fox offstage with Fsmash. He was too far and had to consum his double jump. That made the edge guarding possible as he could not try to mix up the timing of the side B. If he delayed he would fall too low and be forced to upB which I could chase down.

If he still has his double jump, I would stay onstage to toss arrows and hopefully force his double jump with them. 

I preemptively walk offstage to be in position to react to the sideB. You should train to work on the timing. Looking at my video can give you an idea.

You can see here Fox starts his sideB, I am still in the small tumblig animation at the same level as him.
I react, double jump and Dair.

Me : Alright ! I get it now ! I guess I will try to apply it in my friendlies to get the hang on. Thanks !

Multi : Sure, here is an article by the Fox' lab team to have more informations on how Fox sideB works.
Be careful, it doesn't work exactly the same with Falco. His sideB has different hitboxes and spikes. Against him, I would only arrow from the stage until he must upB.

You can find MultiMrGi on the Pits discord if you have any additional questions.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire